Friday, May 29, 2009

Photography Assignment For Everyone

William Eggleston's:

Mine:



In college as a fine art major, the lesson that stuck with me most was one on color. The above Eggleson picture was shown as an example, and the challenge was given to take a photograph that was about color. That was all the instruction given. I'm too lazy to scan my film from that assignment, but the above (you can click on each one to see it bigger) are some examples of how that assignment has affected my way of seeing.

So this weekend,I extend the challenge on to you, dear reader:
Take a picture, that is about color, and send it to me at taylorkatelin@yahoo.com

Take it with a camera phone, digital, or film camera! I just hope this little homework assignment affects your way of seeing. Because if you ask me, photography teaches us to see. Think about that for a minute. Anywho, look forward to seeing your pics! :)

1 comment:

Matt Dunn said...

Great post, K. Looking forward to the Eggleston exhibit at the Corcoran this summer.


http://www.corcoran.org/exhibitions/Eggleston/