Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Favorite Restraunts In Oregon: The Hotcake House, The Taco House and Helvatia Tavern

MY FAVORITE, AND CLASSIC PLACES TO EAT IN OREGON:

Most of these places I've been going to my whole life, so I can vouch they are the greatest places to eat in Portland!


THE HOT CAKE HOUSE

This is my hands down favorite place to eat in Oregon, thus it must come first. My dad has lived right up the street from this place, almost my whole life, so I've been going since I was just a tot. The man in the below picture has been working there for 27 years, this guy is The Hot Cake House. This place has amazing food, decent prices, it's just a short distance from downtown and open 24 hours. Obviously the perfect after clubbing munchies spot, or next morning hang over recovery center :) It's perfect anytime of the day. I love this place so hard.


Can't miss this sign
Um... Yes please!
Are you kidding me with this shit?! Do you SEE those biscuts and gravy in the background?!


THE ORIGINAL TACO HOUSE
After The Hot Cake house, just scoot up the road to my other favorite house, The Original Taco House. This place is money. Grew up not far from this place, so another place I've been going to since diapers. And once you see the below taco salad, you'll understand why. This place is my favorite in the winter with it's big fireplace you can cozy up to. Oregon does have some amazing Mexican food, and this is one of the best! Be sure to get some cinnamond things for dessert!! :)

TACO SALAD!!!



HELVASIA TAVERN
Talking about places not fucking around, Helvasia Tavern. I mean, I should have known when we had to drive through 15 min of corn and hay fields, and there were dirtbikes parked out front. If that wasn't a dead giveaway we weren't in Kansas anymore, the menu with three things on it (well, maybe a few more but...) this places isn't fucking around with their burgers. For an aspiring vegetarian, I could be a complete vegetarian if it weren't for damn burgers. I love burgers. Thus I like to think of myself as a burger, maybe not conosur, but lover definitly. That being said, the best burger I've ever had. Yeah, I went there. I said it. I hope you'll take me seriously, and make the huck out to Helvasia (near Hilsboro) for the best damn burger and onion rings on this planet.


RC sign and dirtbikes, really? Here's your sign they serve PBR on tap, and take cash only. But don't let that deter you!
Um, yeah.....
My kind of place.

No comments: