Thursday, May 6, 2010

Future iPhone Will Be Solar Powered. Until Then, Solar Panel Purses And DIY Chargers

If you know me, you know I looovveee my iPhone. But my biggest problem with it, is the battery life. All 12 minutes of it. So today, when my phone has been of all day due to lack of battery, I was thinking- Damn if the iPhone had solar panels, it would be charging itself right now!! So I did some research, and duh, Apple has thought of that. According to The New York Times, Apple has filed a patent for a technology which would enable a layer of solar cells to be inserted under a touch-sensitive screen like in the iPhone. Awesome. Until then, I found this website that for under $50 you can build your own:

Another idea, I was thinking was a solar panel purse. After some research, I couldn't find that many. Mostly just talk about the below one, designed by a guy. Guess I figured a chick would have thought of it... (Interesting NY Times article about it here.)
The only ones I really found were at Noon Solar. The below is my favorite, but at $300, kinda pricey....

Even a cute man purse! :D
Then again, I found this totally awesome idea just in time for summer.....
(I wonder if she's carring an iPhone)

Until this solar power iPhone is out, I ordered this charger/protective case for about $30 that is suppose to double the charge of your phone.... Which will be awesome.

No comments: