Friday, February 12, 2010

A Day In The Life

A day in the life of me: good food and local hot spots. Ship it.

Saw this wondering around today. If you know me, you would know I only have about 5 words in my vocabulary. One in which I picked up living in Vegas: ship it. And it's so fitting for the awesomeness I'm about to talk about below...

First stop of the day is at mi amore, Voo Doo Doughnuts for a, below, maple bacon bar ($2.50 each). I probably go twice a week for one of these babies. If you don't know about these, you should.

My favorite Korean, and one of Portland's best club promoters, John Kim (definitely follow him on Twitter) is always talking about Koi Fusion. And if Mr. Kim says it's good, it must be.

Me and my shit mullet in all it's glory with the world famous, John Kim

So a block away from Voo Doo I ran into the highly talked about
Koi Fusion truck. I felt like I found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!! :o
So of course I ordered a handful of these wonderful jewels (only $3 each)! If you ever get the chance, find this truck!!

Eating all this delicious food cured my hangover from all the fanfricking-tastic Crown on the rocks I had at Portland City Grill (below) high atop Portland, 30 floors up in the US Bancorp Tower.
I have allllways wanted to go here, and last night I was fortunate enough to get to go! I highly recommend it in Portland it's a chill, romantic beautiful place with an amazing and affordable happy hour!

The epic view from the restaurant

So there you have it. A day in the life of a derelict. But if you want a fun afternoon, all three of these spots are within walking distance, and for less than $20 bucks you can taste some of Portland's finest. Ship it.

No comments: