Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Photoshot Photoshot Photoshot



Three photo shoots in five days. It's been a busy week. :) But oohh so much fun. The first photo shoot I did was on Saturday with Li (his work). We did a wedding dress, and some head shots. I had a makeup artist scheduled for two weeks, and the night before she called out. Ugh. So I had to do the makeup, we'll see how that turns out... I'm excited to see them, they will be great to diversify my portfolio. It was a somewhat fun photo shoot. It's interesting because all three photographers had completely different styles. Li was very hands on. He would come and physically move me in a pose and he wasn't just a quick shooter. He would have me hit a pose then he would tweek it until it was just right, have his assistant comb my hair, or fix the dress, then he would take the picture. Every image is completely thought out. I look forward to seeing the pictures.
The second shoot, the photos above, on Tuesday was with Renee, (examples of work here) and make up artist and hair master, Warren (examples). This was one of my favorite shoots! Renee does amazing work and is a master with lighting. She is quiet and an INTJ like me, so I feel like we clicked. It was an interesting shoot because most of the time was spend in the make up chair. I really liked her photography style, she would shoot for maybe ten minutes just snapping away letting you move however, and when she felt she got the shot she was looking for, we we're were done, next look. Awesome. But if you're good, you get the shot, and that's that, and she is that good. Then after the shoot I asked her how long before the the pics would be ready, and she looked at her computer and said, "Three minutes." :) Fucking awesome. Fuck waiting a month, three minutes is where it's at!! She burnt me a CD right then and there of all the pictures we just did. Amazing. Warren was really nice too. Very professional, on time, clean, not obnoxious, used all wonderful MAC makeup. And when he pulled out this tuff of hair and molded it into the piece of work on my head seen above, I knew he was a true artist. He was great. And I really feel like the pictures show the collaboration between the three of us, it was a true team effort and a really enjoyable experience!
The third photo shoot was yesterday with the super versatile, Kendal Carr (his work). If you look at his portfolio you'll see advertising, glamour, high fashion, art etc. When I saw his work I e-mailed him to say I'd really like to work with him. A few days later I got an e-mail from makeup artist and hairstylist Michael Reyes (his work) saying he saw me on someones profile and he really wanted to work with me on his portfolio for an agency submission. I said sure, who's the photographer, and for what agency. Low and behold Kendal was going to be the photographer, and he was submitting to T.H.E agency in Georgetown! That's really exciting, the agency is going to see pictures of me, taken by an amazing photographer, before they ever meet me! They better love it, and hunt me down. :) So the shoot went well. We only did one look, baby doll, which I just did in Orlando, but it was great to make the connection with Kendal. I hope we can shoot again. Michael said he'd send the pics in a week or two, so we'll see. Stay posted for the pics!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just dropped in to say hello