Monday, March 23, 2009

PHOTO SHOOT RECAP: SiRs



On Monday I had the opportunity to shoot with the first photographer I ever shot with, and oh what a beautiful day it was for a shoot! Stephanie (SiRs photography) who swooped me up and got my portfolio rolling with my first photo shoot And hooked me up with the Betsey Johnson runway show I did! I really admire her attention to detail. From picking a location, to her style of shooting. Example- she'd catch me mid pose, then take it to the next level- tweak hair, straighten outfit (mind you, I'm still mid-pose) tuck shirt, lift head slightly, then snap it. As you will see, that trait shines through her work, and really makes her work something special. I am so thankful to get the opportunity to work with such talented people that are going to do big things. It's a real honor. That being said, she came in to DC and we did a real hot set of city shots around DC. I tell photographers all the time they should come to my house and pick out outfits, and she is the first to take me up on it. I think she was pleasantly surprised.... or horrified. " )
She picked all kinds of outfits! It's fun when someone else looks through your wardrobe, because they see outfits (that totally work) that you would have never thought of! A few things she pulled were: A dress I hand made, a dress my mom made for herself when she was my age, a MODA sweater I just got up in NY last week, hell, we even cut up a shirt for the shoot! ") Great outfits, great locations, you might even see a monument shot... just maybe ") Stay posted it's going to be a fun, diverse shoot!

No comments: