Thursday, January 21, 2010

Booshie Meets DURKL Photo Shoot

Me and my darling Ginger, designer of Booshie (We are both wearing Booshie... Duh :)

Mi amore, Ginger, lead designer of Booshie Design called me yesterday and said get on a plane Saturday because she's flying me out to DC for a huuuggee shoot on Monday!!! :D I love her! She said she has the amazing Tony Veloz on board, who I have worked with before (see blog post here, and an example of our work together below).Ginger also has photographer, Paul Seegars whom I've never met, but am looking forward to working with booked for the shoot! Ginger scored the 18th St Lounge in the posh Dupont Circle area for the location to shoot (see below pic).
Modeling for the shoot will be:
1. Juelles (below wearing Booshie)
2. Ms. Booshie herself, Ginger (below wearing Booshie)
3. Me (below doing the final pass in Booshie's first ever runway show, wearing the same above dress :)
Along with a few other female models! When I heard what a talented group, and location she had set up I was elated, but I knew we could make this even bigger... ;)

I wanted to bring on the best in hair and make up, so Warren (see the many times we've worked together here). And below, Warren on hair and make up, with me wearing Booshie:


Me and the man, Warren himself doing his magic (I'm of course wearing a custom Booshie Tee ;)
Warren will hopefully be on board, but the beautiful, and talent Aja (see blog post here) is definitely booked, can't wait!! Our work together for PR and Partners below:
And where ever I go my side kick, and one of my best friends, Viseral Photography (ie my entire runway portfolio here is done by him) will be there too!!

Below me at the Fashion Fights Poverty runway show, shot by the great Visceral Photography


But I had one more idea, that would take this shoot to epic status... DURKL.

Backstory: I went to a runway show months ago in DC and saw this men's clothing line. In short, they blew my mind. Chill, confident, casual yet fashionable, and I fell in love instantly. Not to mention, the designer came out on the runway with a Corona...that sealed the deal for my love of all things DURKL! I follow their awesome Twitter, and always have them in the back of my mind, hoping that one day they will do women's clothes. But when this shoot came up, I thought this is a match made in heaven, and the perfect opportunity to work with DURKL!! (Not to mention DURKL got second place and Booshie got third for DC's Best Local Designer!! Check it out here) Thus, they two shall meet. Lucas over at DURKL is so nice, and easy to work with, I'm really stoked they are on board, and think they will really gain from working with all the great photogs involved!

DURKL model and designer modeling their designs. Love it.
When I booked DURKL, I had my friend, and fellow male model Gabe (below) in mind. He has, what I think is the perfect Booshie meets DURKL look, (see his portfolio here and see what I mean). He and I met at the Fashion Fights Poverty runway show (see pics here) that Visceral Photography shot. Since that was so much fun, Gabe and I did a shoot (above) with Visceral Photography, so I know Gabe's a great up-and-coming model with a lot of talent, and hopefully will benefit from working with both DURKL and Tony Veloz Photography.


Gabe and I at the model's after party for the above runway show (photo also by Visceral)


So there you have it, an epic photo shoot in the making!! So stay posted, because this is going to be the biggest, best, collaboration DC has ever seen, I'm so thankful to be part of it!! :D

One last pic, one of my fav of me wearing Booshie. Many more to come...

No comments: