Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Christian Siriano Designs Heels For Payless

Christian Siriano for Payless. Photo: Imaxtree courtesy New York Magazine article

I've been waiting since last December when Project Runway 4 winner Christian Siriano first announced plans to debut an accessories line for Payless at Fashion Week. Well, the time is upon us, coming next month the designer will premier his line of Egyptian-inspired footwear (and some bags) that range from $24 to $45.

Siriano said:

“I’m so excited to design and create with such an amazing brand that is all about fashion and trend, but most importantly, is also about affordability. I can’t wait to see how Payless will take the high-end shoes and bags I’m designing for the runway and turn them into pieces that everyone can buy. I’m all about the runway and the sidewalks!”


Though I have to say, I am a little nervous about what he said when asked how the above runway version will be different from the shoes sold in stores. Payless better not old lady them up!! We all know how much I love my 7 inch heels...

"
The Payless shoes are definitely modified to make them more wearable, but they are very similar. I designed the runway shoes with Payless, so don’t think that the retail shoes will be inferior in any way. The Payless customer wants an everyday shoe, not something they can wear just once. You can see that the retail shoes are dramatic enough with the color and the details. They don’t need to be 7 inches high for drama. They have enough drama on their own."

None the less, I can't wait! :)

1 comment:

ryder said...

remindes me on last fw season by diesel.