Tuesday, July 21, 2009

PHOTO SHOOT RECAP: Bo Zhang and The Crew @ My House

Already a pic!!

Maddy doing the damn thing in her first outfit
My first outfit, with lightning bolt Warren in the background
The polaroid from my house party that inspired it all. (Just wait until you see the pics we did like this!)
Start to finish, Warren makes a piece of art out of anyone! (Me wearing a custom made Booshie tee)
Artist at work
Artist at work.
xoxox Warren
Ms. Booshie herself, Ginger and I
Warren the McGiver's secrets reveled, A TEA BOX!
The culprit. Who knew a tea box could be so fierce?!


They say when you love what you do, you'll never work a day, and last night's photo shoot exemplified that. Great people and a great time!
Where to begin... the whole 'family' was there, Bo Himself, his assistant Joey( he also helped Bo in the jungle shoot), Ginger (Booshie Design), the artist formally known at WarrenBe, and newbies but goodies: stylist and new found neighbor, Natasha and model/new friend, Maddy. What a great, and talented group of people to work with- A true honor!
Warren (who's b-day is tomorrow!!) did both Maddy and I's hair, and make up, so he was busy making us into pieces of art, while Ginger and Natasha were a great team coordinating complete and cohesive looks in my guest bedroom. This shoot elucidates how attention to detail takes good to great. Each person, a master in their craft, put the time and thought into this shoot, and I really think it will show in the pics! Well, the first set we did was a two girl shoot with Maddy and I and the above chair from the polaroid in my backyard. We covered everyone with bug spray, played some fat beats on the ipod player and went to work. It was a fun experience because neither Maddy, Bo or myself have ever done a two girl shoot together. But Maddy's really cool, and Bo was great with direction, so it was a fun, and different experience. Then Bo did individuals with each of us, and on to the next outfit. The second looks were individual shots (the above is an example) with more emphasis on motion, and Ginger's dresses worked immaculately!! After seven hours, we finally wrapped about midnight. I found myself in sweats, sprawled out on the couch with a Natural Light beer in my hand and a tea box in my hair. A success :) Stay posted for Bo's pics!

No comments: