Wednesday, July 29, 2009

New York With Dr. Joe

Isn't it crazy how small the world is? Dr. Joe (left) and I ran in to his sister, who lives in Europe, in Midtown Manhattan, completely by chance. I love it!
While I was visiting Dr. Joe sold one of the below photos (for the low price of $10k).
Don't worry, even Susan Sarandon owns one.
Oh the reasons I love New York... One, the awesome signs:
Why yes I would love a vodka slice!
Who doesn't love a good tossed salad? Thank you 34th st!
Other reasons I love NY.... SHOES!!
The above heels + cobblestone = death wish

I'm pretty confident the above pictures summarizes my trip quite eloquently. Dr. Joe (see more of his fine art conservation photography, and read all about the wonderful, charitable things he does here) was by boss in Miami, and was up at his condo in the city for the week. Therefore, what better excuse to go up to NY?! And what better host?! He walked me around Central Park, Rockefeller Center, Grand Central Station, we went to art galleries in SOHO, and he took me to some of the best restaurants in New York! Everything a tourist should see. And of course being in SOHO, I had to get some shoes! You would have thought the above cobblestone that covers SOHO would have been a deterrent to buying heels, but when Dr. Joe and I walked by the Steve Madden window display, we both stopped in awe. I ended up getting the Alicce and the electric blue Kerrin. Good choices I would say, and the only souvenirs I ended up with. I'm ok with that :) All and all, a complete blast and a success of a trip!

No comments: