Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Get Involved!

One of my new years resolutions was to volunteer more. So I signed up for the volunteer training at The DC Humane Society, and you can too!:


Washington Humane Society
Upcoming Orientation Dates (these last no longer than 1 ½ -2 hours):
Tuesday – April 7th at 6:30pm (GA Ave)
Sunday – May 3rd at 11am (GA Ave)
Sunday – May 17th at 11am (GA Ave)
Rsvp to Alyson
ABurgess@washhumane.org


Last week I had lunch at Walter Reed, were all of the vets come after Iraq. It was so sad seeing soldiers younger than myself, freshly wounded. Immediately after lunch I went straight to the Red Cross to see if I could volunteer, anything to show those soldiers people care. I care.


American Red Cross
Walter Reed Army Medical Center
contact: wrmc.redcross@amedd.army.mil


I also recently heard about this great organization helping young women with self image and empowerment, Girls Inc of DC. I have requested info and will tell you more about it! :)

No comments: