Friday, April 17, 2009

Meeting The Head Of The Coast Guard

How cute is the Commandant!!


Me and the Vice Commandant!!


Yesterday I was lucky enough to meet the highest ranking member of the Coast Guard, Commandant Thad Allen. This man is the real deal- he was confirmed by the senate, and appointed by his boss, the President. This is the kind of person you want on your friend's list! : )
I got to meet him because Chris got a very prestigious award, and it was presented to him in front of a crowd of people by the main man himself. All day I had been plotting how I could sneak a picture with him. I had been practicing the switch-a-roo, were you sneak up and pop in next to someone then say "look" and you both look at your friend with the camera. But all my practicing was in vain, because with the help of the wildly talented and WELL published Coast Guard Photographer, Dan Bender (who, hopefully, we'll hear more from!) I ended up with not only a picture with Thad, I also scored one with the darling and my person role model, Vice Commandant Vivien Crea (read that link, this woman is amazing, the highest ranking female in all of the military and the first to be that. Not to mention she's a total sweetheart!) So it ended up be a great weekend and total success!! :)

No comments: