Monday, June 8, 2009

Sebastian Runway Show And Photo Shoot

Myself and one of the other models after the runway show, great hair right? :)
Me with "two of the industry's leading hairdressers," Chris and Sonya Dove

The Sebastian models (me on the far right), after the photo shoot
THE "amazing creative genius,” [Salon Daily], Marylle Koken styling my hair

So my homey Danny, aka Visceral Photography (you can see some of my earlier work with him here) hooked me up with an audition for a Sebastian (hair product company) runway show and photo shoot. And, luckily, I was chosen to be of the 5 models for this sweet, well paying gig! It was a complete blast getting paid to hang out with my good friend, and get a free cut and color by the best in the industry! Score. :) It started Sunday morning at 9am. The event was at the posh Westin in Alexandria. We got catered 3 meals a day, the rooms were beautiful, it was a real treat to be involved in! The runway show was at 7pm on Sunday, but I kid you not when I say they worked on our hair from 9am-6pm. Honestly. Highlights, wash, low lights, wash, hair mask, wash etc. But these hair stylists (rather, hair artists) were flown in from around the world to showcase their talent. Each had at least 4 assistants, you would have thought they were doing an operation! Example- "comb" (assistant would hand over comb) "bobby pin" (different assistant) "foil" (seriously, 3rd assistant) It was a trip! But as you can see from the above pics, these professionals weren't messing around the hair looked great! I was fortunate to get to work with the most stylish stylist I've ever met, Marylle Koken (in above shot, seriously check out her profile) She lives in LA and her clients have included some no name people you may have heard of, such as I don't know, Paris Hilton, Jack Nicholson, Claudia Schiffer, Jack Osbourne, Nine Inch Nails and America’s Next Top Model. Just to name a few :) Nice. Well, the runway show went really smooth, with a huge turnout, and even my best friend since I was 14, Ali, was there!! After the show we did some mingling and I got my pic with hair style guru's, The Doves. You would have thought they were the Obama's with the line of people waiting to get a pic with them! Then we wrapped for the night around 9pm, but we were back there for an early 8am call time this morning! Today was the photo shoot. The Sebastian stylists did our hair in front of a high paying group of local hair stylist, then they got to watch us do a photo shoot. Today was my favorite day, I pretty much got paid to hang out with Danny :) It was surprisingly really laid back for shooting in front of about 100 people. The Sebastian stylists were all real laid back, the attendees seemed stoked about being there, it was great. Danny and I have mostly just done runway shows together, so this was our first real studio shoot together. But Danny's a pro, giving great, and really helpful direction to the other models who hadn't ever done a photo shoot before. When it was my turn we just fucked off making jokes and having a good time. Then we wrapped at noon. Easy peezy. All and all, the Sebastian people were all complete dolls, and I love their products, and I got to kick it with Danny, so it was a great experience! Be sure to stay posted for Danny's pics, coming soon!

1 comment:

Danny said...

Yea you were so awesome! You gave a modelling clinic and had one of the best hairdo's! I almost felt like Austin Powers for a sec! hhaha