Friday, May 8, 2009

Pics From Bo Zhang and I's Urban Photo Shoot

I absolutly LOVE the above shot. One of my fav shots of all time!!






Oh Bo, where do I begin... This is the 4th shoot I've done with him (so obviously I adore his work). These are shots from out latest photo shoot about a month ago in downtown DC. Hair, make up, and styling done by me.

side note: You know Chris always tells me to stop gushing about people, but to that I say- I only gush about people I admire and really mean it about. I like to write about things and people I feel passionately about. And I have been fortunate enough to work with such crazy-talented people, I don't think there is anything wrong with telling them, other models, and people in the industry how good these photographers are. Ok I'm done.

Anyways, more gushing, I just love Bo because everything he does is SO completely different from his last batch of work. He is always evolving and making work that is at least 5 steps ahead of the industry. To me, that's one of the reason's it's so fun working with him, you have no idea what you're getting into, but you know it's going to be some of the freshest work out there!

This shoot was similar Stephanie and I's shoot (see blog post here) a couple months ago. Similar in the essence that all the shots were taken on the streets in downtown DC on a beautiful day. But it's fun to see how totally different they are. What do you think? Also the social aspect of it. Steph and I drove around, she would see a location, we would pull over, she would pick an outfit, shoot, repeat. Where Bo and I just walked around and shot whatever (at one point we found a Coca-Cola truck and I hoped on it for a few shots! :) Just bullshitting and shooting. I'm not sure if the comfortably shows through to everyone else, but I think of Bo as my friend, and that dynamic, I feel, changes a photo shoot. Well, I guess enough about me ranting, I suppose the photos speak for themselves... or at least that's what my photo teachers in college would say. You can read Bo's blog for his side of the story too. More pics to come from this photo shoot, so stay posted! : )

p.s. Bo and I are both involved in the DC Photo Co-Op, be sure to check it out if you live in the DMV!

No comments: