Sunday, May 17, 2009

Washington White Party Recap

It was hot! No, literally though....

The model call was at 2pm. We had 4 hours of hair and makeup with the 'glam squad.' They hooked us models up with amazing ratted hair do's and white eyeshadow, I absolutely loved the look! These models that were cast for the show were/are legit!! 5'8 and up, beaauuutiful girls. It was such an honor to be involved with such talented people!

The super sweet and talented Ginger with Booshie Designs was kind enough to custom design me a dress for the opening pass. All the models were suppose to supply their own outfit for this opening, and I thought it would be a great opportunity to showcase Booshie Designs. And since the event was ran by the director of DC Fashion Week, Ean Williams, I thought it would be a good opportunity to for her to meet Mr. Williams and hopefuly get into September's DC Fashion Week. Well that being said she made this wonderful flowing dream of a dress, that all the models (including myself) loved!

After that opening number, I wasn't in another pass until after the intermission. Which was cool because I got to watch the first half backstage on a tv they had setup streaming the show. One model stood out, and it was the super fierce, Model Tee. This girl! I would be watching the show backstage, and every time I time she came out I was like "who in the hell is that, she has the most fierce walk!" and I would turn around and it was her cute little self coming off the runway. Every time! This girl's walk is so fierce, Tyra watch out!

The next pass I was in was with my other favorite local designer, Emore' J Coutour. (Note to photographers: work with this designer ASAP, because this kid is going to blow up!) I just looovee his designs and I want to wear them everywhere. I should be wearing one right now. And as soon as I find out where to buy his stuff, I will be blogging in his couture pieces. Cause I can. And will :) Well, the next pass was the contrasting ready to wear Heydari line by the cutest 5'1 women, perhaps on earth. The store is filled with comfortable, light weight pieces, but so many! This show was proof of Ms. Heydari's artistic eye, it was so well curated (I'm not sure the fashion speak for that), but the pieces she selected were so perfect for the runway, and to showcase the diversity of her line. Just try her line on, and you'll fall in love with how comfortable it is. Then I was fortunate enough to sneak into the man himself's (Mr. Williams) pass. Sometimes it's about being in the right place. He was rushing around before the show and I could tell he was looking for models, and I said "Do you need another model?" He said, sorry hun you're too short :) (side note: this isn't my first runway show, so I've learned tricks around this minor detail. Designers make their clothes for 5'8-'6'0 girls. But if it's a long dress, you can wear hhiiighh heels be 5'9 and no one will know i.e. stripper heels) Well I quickly quiped back to Mr Williams before he could dismiss me, "I have 6 inch heels, I can be tall!" He stopped, gave me the once over, then said "lemme see them" I ran slapped them on then showed him my runway walk in them. I think he was surprised in the ease I could walk in them, but told his assistant-fit her :) Score. I got this elegant piece of art to wear with a 4 ft train and feather face mask! Ridiculously glamorous. But I'm not going to lie, I was nervous on this on. It was the last pass, the director of DC Fashion Week's line, and I'm wearing a face mask I can barely see out of, 6 inch heels and a train. Could have been bad, but thankfully went seamlessly! We all slapped our white outfits on, flooded, and that was a wrap on the Washington White Party! Fabulous.

But I had tickets to Atmosphere, I had them way before I knew about the runway show. But since the runway show started at 7pm, I thought it would be done just in time for the headliners to come on. But the event was a true production and didn't end until 10pm. So right after the flood, I slapped some street clothes on and took off to the metro. Which was sad because my BF and photographer Danny was there, and I really wanted to hang out and chat with him, but I had to see them play!! Thankfully, I just made it there in time to see them play their last 4 songs. Not much, but better than nothing! :) I even got a t-shirt! (you too can buy Atmosphere swag here).

So all in all, busy but wonderful night, wish you were there! Stay posted, pics to come!

1 comment:

not here said...

u are too much girl
check out my bog trying to be like u
lol
http://modeltee.blogspot.com/