Monday, April 27, 2009

WEEKEND REVIEW: Sly Horse & Sebation Hair Show






This weekend on Saturday I went to the Sly Horse meet and greet. I had the opportunity to shot with the darling Sarah Beth Faison (Sweet Trade Photography), and my BF, Danny (Visceral Photography)-who took the above shot. I also got to meet the wildly talented, Tim Prendergast. He was booked for the event, but we talked about perhaps doing a shoot in Chinatown, so keep your finger's crossed for that one! But on the whole, the event was terrible! Thankfully I did my research, and touched bases with the above photographers, because there were a lot of skeezy GWC's (guys with cameras), and I'm not looking to waste my time with some D-Bags. Example- Danny's would set up lighting for a shoot, and skeezies would come in and just start snapping their flashes, messing with Danny's flash! Yuck! AND these tools wouldn't even ask me!! How rude is that?! I don't know you, you haven't even introduced yourself, and you think you can just go and snap pics? Whoah....

"I feel disgusted to be associated with a mee tup like that. The only reason I go are are to see the few gems that are there, like you and Sarah." -Danny (that's why we're BF's, we don't like losers)

So I guess lesson learned. But I can't completely hate, because I did get to meet Sarah and Tim, and catch up with Danny... but I sure as hell wouldn't go to one of those meet ups again!

Sunday night was really fun, though! Jackie the owner of PR @ Partners Metro Center and creator of the make up line Pretty By PR, (who also did my hair for the Betsey Johnson runway show) asked me to come model for a Sebation hair product launch party her salon was hosting. Of course I said yes! (It didn't hurt that she threw in a $250 gift certificate for services by her, and the above Flaunt gift set! :) I also got a wonderful paraffin hair treatment, and my make up done! At the event the Sebation people were launching their new Flaunt Collection,

"Flaunt’s star product, Trilliant goes the distance with its multiple benefits ranging from thermal protectant and shimmer complex to moisturizer, anti-frizz protectant and volumizer, replacing the need for spending dollars on several styling products with just one multi-faceted product." -talkingmakeup.com

Which is a great product I have to say! Also in the gift set is an exclusive t-shirt designed by the wonderful designer, Charlotte Ronson. If you haven't heard of her, you may know of Samantha Ronson, Charlotte's sis and Lindsey Lohan's (maybe) ex-girlfriend. Anyways, enough US weekly update, but this uber exclusive tee isn't even out until late May, and only in select salons!! Nice. :) I highly recommend PR @ Partners, every time I work with them, I absolutely love the outcome! And stay posted to see what I do with my $250 worth of hair services..... ;)

No comments: