Tuesday, March 10, 2009

RECAP: Booshie Ball, Saturday March 7th


In my earlier post, I previewed Booshie Design's, Booshie Ball. It turned out to be a fantastic night! I was fortunate enough to be personally asked by the designer to model for the event Saturday night. I adore her clothes, so of course I said yes! So Saturday, right after the Top Model audition I went home, threw on some jeans, and a hat and headed off to Jimmy Valentine's for the event. (There is no website, but you can check out this awesome review by The Washington Post). Let me tell you this place is the real deal. It has all of the qualifications to be my kind of dive bar: No sign out front, large dog-present INTHE BAR the entire evening, a midget, tall boy PBR's, and a cash only bar. I knew I loved it the minute I walked in. When I got there the fabulous, and darling Kat was all ready to do my makeup, which turned out absolutely beautiful! This woman is soo talented, I really hope we get to work together again! Then the evening began....There was free champagne, and people walking around passing out decedent truffles all night, it was great! Not to mention the gift bags everyone got!! Which were filled with Booshie t-shirts, scarfs, stickers, bracelets etc. To top it off, all the DJ's that were brought it were AWESOME, kicking techno and house beats all night, it was a great event!

There wasn't really enough room for a runway show though, so they had set up a changing room at the front corner of the place with a red curtain. They put studio lights and a little platform in front of the curtain so it turned out to be more of a live photo shoot. The designer, Ginger, is so sweet, all she asked of us, was that we are always wearing something from the collection, and to keep a glass of champagne in our hand the whole night. ") That's a request I can do with a smile. So throughout the night we would go behind the curtain and, literally, play dress up. Ginger brought tons of accessories and wigs, and had a rack of her designs in the changing room. She said wear whatever you want, change as much as you like. ") I did. I changed probably 4 or 5 times putting all kinds of combonations together, wait until you see some of the fun outfits I made! Well, once one of us models had an outfit on, we would come out and stand on the platform, doing some poses while fat beats pounded in the background and the photographer Jesse snapped away. The crowd loved it, and it was so fun, and different! I'm sure he got some great pictures, so stay posted to see them!

No comments: