Friday, March 27, 2009

Where to Go In Miami If You Are Visiting

So many people were coming into work to get ready for Miami this week for the Winter Music Conference which started Wednesday and goes through the weekend. If you don't know what it is, you should. Google it. All the pokies know what it is though...damnit wish I was there...instead I'm going to the Cherry Blossom Festival. Great. Anyways, I've been dishing out Miami advice like it was bailout money, and I thought, well shit I should put this in the blog. So here is, the inside info I would give to anyone visiting mi amor- MIAMI:


Hotel to stay at: The Delano in South Beach, or The Four Seasons in Brickell.

Eat at The Forge (my favorite restaurant) or Prime 112 for steak. On weekends The Forge also has a great club to dance at (not too crowded, upscale older crowd)

Go to Niki Beach! It's great to go in the afternoon (week day or night) get drinks, lay out it's gorgeous. It's also turns into a club on the weekends. Do it.

Best Clubs: Mansion-to see celebrities, The Fifth-to dance, Lemoch plays there! And Space to get your techno on until 8am

Go to Wet Willies on Ocean Dr, get a frozen daiquiri sit out on their deck. It's the best place to people watch

Go to South Beach to see fake boobs, and hotties playing volleyball, but rent a cabana on Ft Lauderdale Beach and lay out. I like it better than South Beach, it's cleaner.

A fun field trip is to head over to 8th st/ Calle Ocho in Miami. See the old guys playing domino's, get some really great Cuban food (my recommendation: a Cuban sandwich and a cafe con leche) It's cool and it's not a huge tourist attraction.

So there you have it, you can't go wrong if you follow that advice!




"I'm In Miami, Bitch"

I made this playlist to celebrate the music conference. The second song is a mix by my favorite techno DJ in Miami, DJ Lemoch. The rest are the hottest songs out right now, so let it playyyyy...... :)

No comments: