Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring Into Style On The First Day Of Spring



Yesterday being the first official day of Spring, it's only appropriate to do a shoot in the perfect Spring outfit, a jumper. Even if it was in the 40's. :)

Bo one of my most favorite photographers (see pictures from our photo shoot in this and this blog post) invited me to an open house at the studio we last shot at. Of course I said yes! Bo is so fresh and innovative, each of his shoots are new and always evolving. It's exciting to see what he'll do next and it's such an honor to be involved in his work. Any excuse to possibly shoot with Bo, I'm there. The open house was with The DC Photo Coop that he is part of. I would highly recommend anyone in the business to get involved with this organization! They have workshops (some taught by Bo himself!) mixers, model portfolio building, and studio rental. (Be sure to check out their fashion gallery for pics of me!) Anyways, meet and greets are really scary for me. I am super shy. People don't believe me when I say that because I can converse and mingle, but it takes real effort for me with people I don't know. There was a huge picture of me taken by Bo on the wall, so that was helpful as an ice breaker. "Hi, my name's Katelin. See that big picture over there, yeah that's me." :) It was nice meeting other photographers and models but I was really there in case Bo was available to shoot. I'm new to these things, so I wasn't sure how it was going to go down. There were about 10 photographers, 2 shooting stations and about 5 models. I wasn't one of the models that started at a shooting station, so I just mingled a little bit. To my excitement Bo came up and asked if I wanted to shoot.

I'm not sure if the other models were pussies, or just no one thought of shooting outside. But after Bo picked from the outfits I brought, he grabbed a light and we headed outside. There are some great alleys around the studio. I saw the photographers jaws drop as I came out into the 40 degree weather in a light weight floral jumper.... :) That's how we roll. I really wanted to get some spring/summer looks in my portfolio, so I'm so glad Bo picked that outfit to shoot in. You know jumpers are going to be hot this season! And, so what it was freezing outside, at least there wasn't snow on the ground this time. I dare any photographer to have the balls Bo does. Each time we shoot in the cold he doesn't wear a jacket or anything- And What! If I'm in it, he's in it. At least I was moving! After 20 minutes of doing model sprints (yes that's me really running in 3 inch heels) our freezing paid off, I'm so ecstatic how it came out! Definitely stay posted, because Bo and I have more shoots in the works, and can you imagine once I have hair and makeup done?!? Stay tuned!! : )

No comments: