Saturday, July 4, 2009

RECAP: Artomatic's 'Art In Fashion' Runway Show

(left to right) Chris, Bo Himself, Me, and Dr. Danny

Warren and I


Ali and I after the show
Viceral Photography's Pic of Chris BORED ahahah (don't worry that's not me on the runway :)
Crazy picture of me in Emore' J Coture

It's events like this that make me realize how fortunate I am. Fortunate to be asked to be involved in events like this, and fortunate not only to get to work with some of the most talented people in the industry, but to get to call some of them my friends :)

That being said, I had a fucking blast last night! The day started early at Ginger's (Booshie Design) helping get things together for the show. Once at Artomatic, if you haven't been to there, it's awesome, nine floors of diverse art, all free to the community! Make up artist extraordinaire, Warren was sweet enough to agree to do come and do my makeup, and hair but ended up a.) getting mobbed, and b.) putting on a clinic for everyone. He is so flipping talented, we worked together in my 2nd photo shoot ever (blog post here) and I've been dying to work with him again. For some fluke he agreed to come, but he was such a big hit, and after models saw my make up, they started to crowd him, and stand around watching. He's a master. Not only does he do make up, he's a hair artist, and was so sweet to check in with me after each pass and touch up my hair! Can't wait to work with him again, before he gets swooped up by someone like Beyonce :)

The show's designers kinda felt like a Washington White Party reunion, all my favorite's were there: Heydari, Emore' J Couture, and Mr. William's collection, Corjor. I was privileged enough to be asked to be in all of their passes again and Booshie Design!!(you can see me walk in Emore's collection from the white party here) Danny, who has seen me walk in every runway show I've done, said it was my best runway show yet! Not to mention I received 5 snaps from people after the show (ex "you were fiieerrrce girl" snap* snap*) There was a great turnout, Viceral Photography taking pics, a beautiful runway, and Bo, Chris and Ali were all there to watch :)
Stay posted for Danny's pics!

No comments: