Tuesday, February 17, 2009

JohnnyBe, Carey Hess and Adhesion Photo Art Photoshoot Recaps

Busy past two days!

I stayed up until 3am Saturday night watching There Will Be Blood again. Not the best idea since I had to wake up Sunday morning at 7:30am. But I made it up, and was out the door with freshly made muffins by 9am. The first shoot of the day was in Baltimore with Johnny at 10am. I really like his work, and wanted to add an alternative flare to my portfolio. When I got there he already had all of this lights, everything set up, AND the fruit cut, and ready to go. That's unbelievable for 10am! But it was great because I did my own make up and hair so we got started shooting pretty quickly. The first look Johnny and I did was ballerina. He is really talented with studio lights, so these simple shots on a backdrop are going to be sick! The second look we did was the fruit salad look. Johnny cut up a dorian (see a picture of one here) and made it to a coconut bra type thing with bean straps. Then we put a cluster of mini green bananas around my neck. :) You'll love these shots. Johnny was so poliet throughout the whole thing. We spent a good 20 min trying to tie fish line on me like a bikini, which could have been awkward, but it was no big. He was a real gentleman about the whole thing. Then the last set we did was with a corset... have you ever been in a corset... that is an experience. Wait until you see those pictures, it's madness! Can't wait to see all 3 looks!

After that shoot, it was straight to Carey Hess' apartment across town in Baltimore at 3pm. He had found an article online to make (note to all photographers) a turkey pan beauty dish.
Which was wicked cool! Carey is so awesome, we had no problem BSing and conversing about ideas. He kind of makes me want to barf though... Here's why: We only really did two looks. We shots up on the roof of his apartment building, some against a wall with a ball gown on, and a few messing around with his ring flash (my new fav photography toy!) So he really didn't take that many pictures. But here's why I hate him: almost every shot he showed me was AMAZING. He took the most honost picture of me. Not only that but he caught a candid shot of me laughing that is so real. He is known for his glamor/maxim style, but I saw more than that in his work. And by him capturing something like that, shows intuition of a true artist. I know Carey doesn't ever shoot TFP, so I was so lucky he was making an exception for me, and wants to do some different stuff. I look forward to working with him again really soon!

That night I didn't get back to DC until 11pm. Then yesterday was busy too. I had a fitting at Betsey Johnson in Georgetown in the morning, then a shoot across town in Columbia Heights with Stacia, Chontae, and a rope artist Mike, at 3pm. That was a unique shoot, and yes I did say rope artist. In a swimsuit top and boy shorts I was wrapped in purple and lime green rope Seriously. Again, could have been an awkward situation, but everyone kept it completely professional. It was an interesting experience in 4 inch heels, half naked leaning over the edge of backdrop so Chontae could touch up my makeup. All the while a man was wrapping rope around me, and the photographer was taking test shots of me. Yeah, could have been awkward. Thankfully it wasn't and I'm stoked to see the pics. The most edgy, fresh, high fashion shit, I've never seen done before. :)

Stay posted for pics from all three!

No comments: