Wednesday, February 11, 2009

PHOTO SHOOT Recap: Tony Valeoz ( first set of pictures)





INSPIRATIONAL PHOTOS:
Lady Gaga lookGold & Silver Look
Purple eye shadow as seen in the spring '09 Gucci ad

Photos I took and e-mailed Tony:


These are the glorious first pictures I've got back from the photo shoot with Tony on Sunday. (Along with some behind the scences shots as well) But first, about the shoot....

Tony and I had been planning this shoot for probably a month. I had been looking forward to working with him longer. Having ample time to plan was great because we had a lot already thought out, and time to acquire accessories to really make the shoot work. In the end, we had three looks in mind: 1.) Lady Gaga 2.) Silver and Metal 3.) Spring Romper/Onesie. I pulled some pictures of lady gaga off the net (see above) and pulled the green cowl shirt you see on me above. I tried to chanel her vibe from the lightning bolt picture. The second look, Tony e-mailed me and said he'd like to do something similar, so I e-mailed him the picture of the black jumpsuit above. He loved it and picked up those wonderful bracelets seen in the pictures from Forever 21 to really complete the look. For the third look he had just mentioned a spring vibe and maybe a romper. I e-mail him the above shot of a super cute one I had, but was worried the picture wouldn't do it justice. One everyone saw it on, we knew we had to shoot it. And, of course I had to spray tan before the shoot so I could be super fake tan like Lady Gaga, and tan for the Spring look as well. I also brought along the above Gucci ad for makeup inspiration. It's funny how it all works it's self out in front of the camera! The make up artist Shawn was so delightful, and it was an honor to work with him. The makeup artist, D.D. isn't the most experienced make up artist but I really like how Tony pulled the color out! And, after most of the time sitting in hair and makeup (twice each) Tony only did about 20 minutes of actual shooting all together. It amazes me how some take hours, others take minutes...
I love the pictures so far, and it's fun to see the inspiration and the final product. My favorites though- I want to marry the polarized (very top) photo. (It and this one are my current favorites). I call it "Pookie" some of you might know about that... I really really like it. I also love the last one of me with my leg up. Soo fun. It's like I was saying to all three of them standing around me- I am so honored that talented people like yourselves are taking time out of their busy scheduals to work with me to build their portfolio. I am very lucky. I am just a vessel that others channel their creativity through. And fortunietly I have had the oppurtunity to work with some great people.

Whatever the case, the long wait to shoot with Tony payed off, I'm so excited about how the pictures turned out! And stay posted for the rest

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the third one with the hoody! Did you choose the outfits yourself? love the black & gold.

btw...have fun with the Ting Tings...I've got a friend visiting that day/night (so no free time). Enjoy the night and get them to come back again!