Tuesday, February 10, 2009

PHOTOSHOOT RECAP: West End Photography



On Friday afternoon I had a shoot with Gary at West End Photography. The shoot was at his studio/apartment in BFE (ie Georgetown, more on that later). The day was busy. I went early, 8am to Joya to meet up with Kecisha. She set my hair in pin curls and we drove to Georgetown. Ok, I know all DCers say this, but I need to reiderate the fact- Georgetown might as well be another country. If you don't live there, you don't go there. The metro doesn't stop there, there's no parking, and riding a bus takes all day. That being said, I try not to go there, and after paying $15 that day to park, I was reminded why. Once we got to the shoot my doll Chontae was already there makeup set up and ready to go. We did a couple looks, and it was great haveing my girls there! What was interesting is after each look, Gary sat us all down in front of the computer to look at a few. That way we could analyze the hair makeup lighting etc. Then go and shoot the next look. It was an interesting shoot, because it was mostly from the shoulders up, and I have been doing a lot of high fashion lately, which is more body movement. But it really made me get creative with what I can do from the shoulders up, and in the end I think it will help my whole body modeling. But at one point in the shoot, my bottom lash had slipped, and a few pictures were lost because of the amount of retouch it would have taken... though it was a good lesson, we'll have to keep here close next time. But she painted this masterpiece on my face! Gary showed Kecisha my portfolio while we were doing makeup, which I thought was a great idea. And when she styled my hair, she pulled my bangs back in a different way. She said it was something I hadn't done in my portfolio. She was absolutly right, I love the hair! All and all I really think she shots showcase all involve's talent.

No comments: